Week 40💌- HALFWAY

 Oiii queridos! Eu não acredito...e vocês não vão acreditar...mas. HOJE TENHO 9 MÊSES NA MISSÃO!!!

I am actually halfway through my mission, and I just cannot believe it. I feel like I just started my mission. But now I am at the halfway mark. I feel like my testimony has grown so much during these last 9 months. I have felt my Savior walking by my side every step of the way. I am so grateful for the things I have learned and the people that I have met. I even learned a new language!! I am so excited to see what the next 9 months have in store.

Anyways...bora começar, né?

Segunda: Happy pdayyy! Today was a chill day. We spent the day waiting for a man to come and build our closet, spoiler alert: bro never showed. Sister Gomez made some fire pancakes for us, and I made some buttermilk syrup. It was a delicious lunch. I got to talk to my dad earlier in the day as he is now deployed. After that, I talked to Steven. Then I got to talk to Audrey and my mom. I also got to drink a Dr. Pepper.

We did have someone show up and take out our AC. Aline wanted to switch it out for a different one. This one has a remote, so we can actually control the temperature!! It gets so so cold, which is nice. 

Terça: Today we had a divisão with our LTSs. This transfer it's Sister Lelles and Sister Dos Santos. They are both incredible!! I spent the day with Sister Dos Santos. She passed through Bela Vista one transferência before me, so we got to talk about the area.

We all ate lunch with Irmã Lidiane. So guys, there is one food that I refuse to eat. I just can't. And that is fish. What was for lunch? Fish. With the head still on, and the eyeballs. Yeah...no. I ate rice and corn. While we were heading home, Sister Lelles stepped in a GIANT mud pit, pobrezinha!

The divisão with Sister Dos Santos was really good. We did a mixture of visiting membros that I don't know, bolinhas verdes and finding new people. We were able to mark 2 baptism dates! One is a 14yr old girl names Kauane, she has visited the church before. The second is named Poliana. Sister Ferraz had been teaching her sister, Juliete, but Juliete wasn't very interested. Poliana on the other hand, stole Juliete's Livro de Mórmon and was reading it.

Sister Dos Santos and I had to BOOK it to the capela so that I could teach piano. We were a 35 minute walk from the capela, we got there in 18 minutes. I was then able to teach Amanda piano, she is remembering so much! When we got home, we were able to talk about the amazing day that we all had. We then all bought pizza to celebrate.

Quarta: Finally reunited with my adorable filha. I really love Sister Barbosa yall. Today was another good day. We had lunch at Irmã Vanclea's restaurant. She is a less active member. She does not talk to us while we are there usually, but this time she said "hi!" So basically, we are her favorites. We also got free shampoo and conditioner from 2 of her customers! Which is awesome bc my giant jugs are starting to run low. 

Today was another good day of work. We found a novo 2 streets in front of our house! Her name is Ana Claudia. Sister Barbosa stepped in a giant mud puddle, tadinhaaaaa. Her dress was covered in mud. Thankfully we were close to home, so she could shower and change.

We were able to meet with Rhian. We found him a couple weeks ago. We taught him about o Evangelho de Cristo and invited him to be baptized. He accepted! This week really is a week de milagres. We went from not being able to mark a single data all transferência passada to 3 DATAS. Milagroso demais!

When we got home, the other sisters were ordering pizza. Again...pizza 2 times in one week...not very beach babe. But it's all good! It was delicious and we marked a data. 

Quinta: Today was another good day, but a very long one. We went to an area that is far away from home, to try and check on some green bolinhas. I had never met them, and turns out they don't even exist. We also tried to visit some members that moved YEARS ago. The church leaders here aren't super awesome about updating the system.

We visited Jaqueline, and she said she would get work off this Domingo. (Spoiler, she didn't). We found another novo, his named is Domingos. We invited him to be baptized, and he accepted!! Wahoo!! We then went to the church thinking that I would give English lessons, but no one was there. They just wanted to play futebol. Oh well!

Sexta: Today was a little harder. I woke up with a horrible migraine. I could not get out of bed. Unfortunately, the grind never stops. So I had to get up and get ready to do a meeting with Sister Barbosa. It went well though. I was sort of dying though. 

Today was a long day of: not home, I'm busy, he doesn't live here, etc. We were able to find a less active member named Valquíria. She said that she was feeling like she needed to go back to church, but wasn't quite sure how. Well, God sent us! She is SUPER pregnant, so she said if she goes depends on pain and if she is in labor. But, she wants to go back and raise her kids in the church. We popped by EnglishConnect so that I could help out.

Sabado: yeah...today was brutal. My migraine was WORSE today. I stayed in bed with earplugs and an eye mask until we had to leave for lunch. Lunch was with Irmão Wanderson and irmã Josiane and it was delicious. I got permission from Sister Tonini to stay home a little later than normal because bright light was making me nauseous from the pain. Actually, she wanted me to go to the hospital but I said no.

We left around 7 once it was dark, and we visited Ivanilde. It's funny, I tried visiting her once while doing porta a porta, and she let us in but had us talk to her daughter. But Sister Barbosa knocked on her door during the divisão with Sister Lelles and got her phone number! She is sick right now, so she might not got to church tomorrow. But let's see!

Domingo: Happy Sunday!! Spoiler: still have a migraine. Awesome. But today was still good! Our lunch canceled on us, which was a little worrying. Church was great today. I played the piano again. Today was Sociedade do Socorro and we talked about divine identity. They used the talk "Know who we really are". It was REALLY good. I would recommend that you all read it, especially if you are struggling with self confidence or feeling loved. (https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2025/10/15eyre?lang=eng)

Irmã Tina invited us to lunch at her house today. Her kids tried to play a boardgame with us, and by the time they finally explained the rules, it was time to eat. Which is good bc that game was way too intelligent for me. (Think monopoly with debt). Lunch was delicious.

Once we got home, I tried to nap but my head hurt too badly too sleep. We then did our planejamento semanal and I took photos for my 9 mêses!! Wahoo! We then had a Devotional da Zona where we talked about the week and the miracles we saw. We had a mini testimony meeting as well. It was really spiritually uplifting.

Spiritual Thought: 

Matthew 26: 36-40
36 ¶ Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder.

37 And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.

38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.

39 And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

40 And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?

Easter is approaching. Easter is the time to remember our Savior and His sacrifice. He suffered EVERYTHING. He suffered every illness, every disappointment, every pain, every sadness, everything. He suffered for us. He suffered for me, He suffered for you. Why? Because He loves you. Because He loves me.

When Christ went to the garden of Gethsemane, he brought His three closet friends. He asked them to stay awake and pray for Him while He fulfilled His sacred mission. However, they fell asleep. Christ, obviously disappointed, asked if they couldn't even stay with Him one hour.

Christ gave us an incredible gift, one that we can never repay. All that He asks in return is what He asked His disciples. He asks us to spend one hour with Him. Oh, what a coincidence! Sacrament meetings, the meetings where we partake of his flesh and blood, last one hour! Hmm, what a coincidence. I invite you all to spend one hour with your Savior. Watch with Him in His home this Sunday. Partake of the Holy bread and the Holy water and remember His eternal sacrifice. Watch with Him in His temples. Watch with Him during your personal scripture study. Spend this one hour with Jesus, and you will get a small taste of how much He loves you.

That's it for this week! Pleaseeee send me emails! Tchau meus amores, beijos!!

Pictures:
1. Pday pancakes!
2. Pizzaaaaa
3. Marcamos uma data!
4. Learning to play a new game
5. Last day of Duda! (She is wearing my tag bc hers hasn't arrived yet)
6. 9 freaking months baby!
7. Guys não acredito 
8. Eu e minha filha fofinha
9. Amo vocês!













Comments