Week 41💌- Hospital Visit #4

 Oiii gente. Como vocês estão? Infelizmente, estou morrendo. Brincando...ish. 

Do you guys remember that migraine from last week? I still have it. And it made my week really really miserable.

Segunda: Happy pday! I woke up at 5:30 to talk to my dad. I then called Steven, and later my mom. I didn't get to talk to my family as much as I would've liked, but I needed to rest. When pday ended, we had the mission devotional. At 9:15, we had a Zone devotional. Why we had another zone devotional when we had one yesterday...no idea. 

Terça: Today we had lunch with Irmã Vanclea. It was super good. I love the food. What was funny, was that out Uber driver knows her too. We taught one lesson, and then had to go home and be there while they built our new guarda-roupa. We taught Ana Claudia O Evangelho e A Restauração. We invited her to pray about baptism and read the Livro de Mórmon and she accepted. It was a 2 hour lesson...Oops! We had to hustle back to be there for the workers. The new closet is super chique btw! We did some phone work while they worked, we have been getting a million referências de mídia this week.

Quarta: Today we taught Juliane. She is a woman that Sister Barbosa found during her divisão. Guys, she is awesome. Apparently her sister-in-law told her that we mormons worship Joseph Smith. Huh, I didn't know that I worshiped good ol Jo, you learn something everyday! Thankfully, Juliane decided to go straight to the source instead of blindly trusting her sister-in-law. Todays lesson was also super long, we ended up teaching another 2-in-1 to answer all of her questions. She wants to be baptized, she just has to get married first. BUT she is already working on that!!

Quinta: Today was hospital day. I really hate hospitals in Brazil. Like really hate. But I was in tears on Terça, and woke up at 3 am today in quite a bit of pain. So we went to the hospital in the afternoon. The doctor at the ER prescribed me 2 intravenous medications (bleh) and told me that I have to schedule an appointment with a neurologist to do some blood work and an MRI (double bleh). I just wish I knew what was causing it to last so long. I am not dehydrated, I don't feel stressed...I just feel miserable. After the hospital, I went to teach English at the church. I taught my one student (Shout out to Amanda) how to pray. Then I bought dinner for Sister Barbosa as a "I am so sorry that you are brand-new on the mission and basically on house arrest because your trainer is sick". I was trained to work when sick, and gosh, I have been trying. 

I also had a scorpion fill out an online form requesting a visit from us. He said he saw me walking around and thought I was pretty. He said I can make a missionary out of him and he will only be happy if he has my company. 

Sexta: Today we ended up doing a divisão. I couldn't even get up out of bed or do phone work because my head hurt so bad, and Sister Gomez was vomiting. So we stayed home and Sister Nogueira took Sister Barbosa to work in our area. Thank you Sister Nogueira!! I also learned that someone died in front of the church today and Clarice saw. So that is comforting!!

Sabado: Today I had a WhatsApp appointment with the mission doctor and he prescribed me a low level dose of beta blockers (they lower adrenaline rush) and gave me a list of ways to lose weight. So sounds like he thinks it's caused by me being fat and having stage fright? Kidding but also not. He asked if I get scared of talking in front of people, I told him I have been a missionary for 9 months. I am way over that fear. But he still wants me to take the beta blocker. And he told me that when you are hungry, everything sounds good. Well no duh...and told me to eat more salad than anything else.  

Today we had lunch with Andrenia and Lucas. Andrenia is just the sweetest! She told me that she got mad at Sister Ferraz one time for being a brat to sister Molina at lunch. So apparently she didn't just struggle with me. After lunch, irmão Lucas gave me a Priesthood blessing, and I went and slept for an hour.

After that, we went to pick up Cecília to bring her to the primary activity. Guys, I was feeling awesome. We brought her, her sister and her neighbor. However, a primary activity was probably not the best place for someone who was getting over a migraine. By the end, I was in tears. My head felt like it was going to explode. We called the LTS and got permission to do another divisão and I went home with Sister Gomez and went to bed at 7:30. 

Domingo: Happy Sunday!! Today is Palm Sunday and the start of the Holy Week. Sacrament was great. Playing the piano was definitely rough on my head, but we made it through. After lunch, Vila Nova had a baptism!! I am so happy that Beatriz made the decision to be baptized. She is such an angel.

After the baptism, we had lunch with Irmã Ingrid and Irmã Josianes family. It was lasagna, and it was delicious. However, there was no volume control. Everyone was yelling, even though we are all sitting right next to each other. I was fighting back tears by the end of it. But, we made it through, and I went home and I crashed. 

Spiritual Thought: This upcoming weekend is Easter Weekend, and General Conference. For those of you who are unfamiliar, we (members of da Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos dos Últimos Dias) believe in a living prophet and open revelation. We believe that God has always called prophets to declare His will unto His children

Amos 3: 7 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets

We believe in following the same church structure that Christ established when He himself was upon the Earth- a prophet (at the time this was Christ), 12 apostles and the Priesthood. 

Ephesians 2
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

General Conference is a 2x a year event where we listen to talks given by our prophet and other leaders of the church. We believe that these inspired men and women are receiving revelation from God, and will pass along their impressions. 

Doctrine and Covenants 1: 38 What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.

I would like to invite all of you, member or not, to watch General Conference. I promise that you will hear something that speaks directly to your heart. God is preparing His servants to give inspired messages, He is preparing them to answer your questions. You will receive an answer (or maybe many) to your questions if you come prepared with an open heart and a spiritual hunger. 

The conference dates and times are April
5/6, 10:00-12:00and 1400-1600 (Utah time)

Please pray for me and my head guys. I am not sure what is going on, I just know that I am miserable. If I don't email you back today, it's because I am sleeping. Beijos!

Pictures: I don't really have many this week because I was too busy dying

1. I ate apple cider vinegar and cucumbers
2. Waiting to get my drugs
3. The steps to pray
4. It's my party and ill cry if I want to. I am actually impressed with how quickly I got over my phobia of needles since starting my mission.
5. Lunch with a side of testing blood pressure
6. BATISMO - Beatriz is so cute
7. <3
8. Yeah we were dying













Comments