week 44๐Ÿ’Œ

 Olรก todos! This week was a good week. Was it a long one? Yes. Was it still awesome? Yes!

Segunda: Today I tried to email as many people back as possible (sorry if I’d didn’t get to you). I would like to thank everyone who emailed me and sent love and support, it means a lot.  

After dropping my sister off at school, my mom and I went for a 3 mile walk. To a missionary serving foreign, 3 miles is nothing. To a missionary used to low elevation, walking 3 miles in freaking Herriman UT is a battle. I felt SO out of shape.

Later in the day, I went with my mom to help out at Audrey’s school. I got to see my amazing friend Miss Lucy. I also helped make a poster for the 1st grade wax museum. Yay, crafting!

Terรงa: Today was the moment that I have been waiting for for almost 9 months. I went to the temple! For those of who you don’t know, Teresina doesn’t have a temple. The last time that I have the privilege and blessing of attending the temple was in the CTM. 

My mom is an ordinance worker there, and so I went to do initiatories and got to do them with her. I am so grateful for the number of temples that Utah has, and that the Church is building more worldwide. The temple was extra stunning, because the grounds were COVERED in tulips (my favorite flower). 

Quarta: Today was a longer day. I started off by going to the Columbus Center to volunteer with my mom. If yall can’t tell, I’m kinda obsessed with my momma. We worked in the nursery, but there weren’t many kids there. After that, we headed to get pedicures with my Grandma Lynette. It’s a fun little tradition of ours. I definitely had a killer headache by the end of the day though, which was unfortunate.

Quinta: Um so Utah is psycho. Guess what happened today?? IT SNOWED. And I got to drive all the way to Lehi in the snow. But, I got to tour the New Hope service site! It’s a place to help children with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and other trauma get caught up academically and socially to later integrate into public school. I am so excited to start helping out there!

Sexta: Today I got to go to my neighbor Heather’s house. Pre-mission, I was there 2-3x a week to help with her kids. Now they’re all big! I helped keep her twin 18 month girls out of her hair so that she could fold some laundry. Her kids are just darling!

After Heather’s, I got some boba tea and went over to my grandparents house to hang out with my grandpa Steve while my grandma went to lunch with her friend. I then had to head out to go face my fears.

For those of you who know me, I HATE needles. Hate. I used to cry at the doctors until I was like 15. However, today I faced my fear and got some acupuncture done. I haven’t been able to see a doctor yet for my headaches. The problem with coming home last minute is that all of the doctors are busy.

My thoughts on acupuncture? Strangely relaxing. Who knew that I could doze off with needles in my face and scalp? Not me! But with the peaceful music playing and the heat lamp…I was super content. We then went to a bridal shower for my neighbor Indy, and I got to chat with some of my favorite people.

Sรกbado: Today was just remarkable. I had the opportunity to attend a mission conference where I got to meet Elder Gilbert (the newest apostle)!!! He and his wife, and a member of the 70 shared incredible messages. Elder Gilbert talked a lot about revelation and how we can use the revelation we have received to strengthen our testimonies and become lifelong disciples of Christ. 

One quote that I loved from him was “We want to be lifelong disciples of Christ, not just disciples during this chapter of our lives.” It’s easy to keep up good habits for a day, for a week, maybe for a month. The hard part comes from keeping up with your habits during your entire life. I’ll talk about his wife’s talk for my spiritual thought :)

After the conferรชncia, I went to my little sisters lacrosse game. I didn’t have time to change, so I showed up in heels and a dress. I was just a tad cold. By the way, there is nothing cuter than 1st graders playing lacrosse. After her game, I rushed home to change and then I got lunch with my girl Eliza. It was so fun getting to catch up and yap with her. We got lunch at a fun little England themed restaurant.

Once I got home, I had about 20 minutes to sit before I went to help take prom fotos for my brother, Steven. By the end of the day, I thought my head was going to explode. I was so exhausted and my head hurt from running around all day. It was totally worth it though!

Domingo: Today I got to go to a farewell for Peyton Woodley. She is leaving for the Sรฃo Paulo CTM, and then she will be going to Teresina! I am so excited for her!! She gave an amazing talk and shared a quote that i’d never heard but that hit me: “When you feel like you’ve grown distant from God, it’s you who moved.” This just reinforced my testimony that God has never, and WILL never abandon us. 

Also at the farewell, was another sister who is going to my mission. Her name is Molly Brady, and she is going a transfer after Peyton. Her group is going to be HUGE- 11 sisters!! I am so excited to serve with both of these wonderful girls. 

After the farewell, my head was really bothering me, so I crashed for like 3 hours. That made it hard to sleep that night, but at least it helped with my head! My momma made waffles and we watched Anastasia with Audrey. Anastasia is a fantastic filme.

Spiritual Thought: Matthew 5:9- Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Sister Gilbert spoke on being a peacemaker. This is a theme that has been mentioned several times over the last few years. I believe that when a theme is repeated numerous times in General Conference or other church meetings, it’s because God is trying to get out attention.

We live in the last days. I have no doubt in my mind. The world is becoming increasingly divided: “And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.” (Matthew 10:21). It is becoming harder and harder to find love and acceptance and empathy.

That is why God has raised the call yet again for peacemakers. Sister Gilbert said something that struck me. “We are called to be peacemakers, not peacekeepers”. Those two words sound very similar, but have very different meanings. Peacekeepers maintain the peace that already exists. Peacemakers are those who actively work to resolve conflict and CREATE peace.

Peacekeeping is passive, peacemaking is active. We cannot sit on the sidelines, we cannot let Satan win. We are called to be a voice for the voiceless and to help others feel the love of Christ in their lives. We need to help end conflicts, first in our own heads, then our homes, then our communities and then the world. When we strive daily to create peace, we can help make the world a better place. 

Pictures:
1. The Oquirrh Mountain temple
2. I love tulips so much, they’re absolutely perfect.
3. Freaking Utah and it’s freaking snow
4. Congrats Peyton!!
5. The Sarah shrine is alive and well
6. I love messing with people, it brings me great joy!!








Comments