week 45💌- happy 10 months!

 Oiii meus amores! Eu fiz 10 mêses na missão essa semana!! Freaking crazy!

Also I cannot tell you where I was, or who I was with, or what I did… but it was a lot of fun! I also cannot include any photos. 

Domingo: I visited church, and one thing that I love about the gospel is that it’s the same no matter where you are. There were some incredible talks shared. I took some notes, so i’ll share some quotes that I liked. 

TALK 1
  • “Now that we know what we’ve been saved from, let’s figure out what we’ve been saved FOR” 
  • “It wasn’t perfection that allowed Charlie to inherit the chocolate factory, it was loyalty. we aren’t expected to follow the commandments perfectly, we are asked to be loyal to God and his perfection
  • We face 3 temptations. Appetite, Appearance and Aspirartion. 
TALK 2
  • “We are entitled to kneel down and ask for blessings and ask for knowledge and we are entitled to expect answers. Why? because our dad is a God. Why? Because our mom is a God as well
  • “My happiness can be yours. My joy can be yours. it is within our rights to receive eternal joy”

I also got a message from João Henrique today! He told me that he gave his first talk in Sacrament meeting today, and shared a couple of quotes from it. He said that he still remembers the day that he met Sister Maciel and I. He said he was always curious about the mormons, but never pictured himself as one. And now look at him! I am so proud of him for staying firm on the covenant path and working towards a brighter future.

Spiritual Thought: This entire email is basically a spiritual thought, but oh well. Here ya go!

Jeremiah 1:4-5 
4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

I have been seeing a lot of references to our divine nature as children of God during my personal study this week. There are countless scriptures found both in the Book of Mormon and the Bible that reference who we are and what we can do. 

The first principle that missionaries teach is that God is our loving Heavenly Father. He knew us before we came to this Earth. We sat with Him and we learned from Him. He sent us here to Earth, not as a punishment, but as a gift. He misses us terribly and waits anxiously for the day that we return to Him. 

That is why He has given us so many tools and guides to help us. He gave us the scriptures, not to bore us, but to teach us. He gave us commandments, not to limit us, but to keep us on the straight and narrow path. He gave us living prophets, not to boss us around, but to give us revelation in real time. 

I am so grateful for the knowledge that I am a daughter of a God. I am a daughter of THE God. I have a worth that is far above whatever worth the world would give me. The world assigns worth based on economic status, intelligence, beauty, and accomplishments. We have a divine worth as children of The Almighty God. We are worth so much more than the world says we are. 

That’s my short little message for the week, I hope you all are doing well! Eu amo vocês!!

Comments