Week 47💌- Feliz Dia das Mães!
So...it's been a minute since I've written. Lucky you guys, you guys are going to basically be getting a 3-in-1 this week!
Segunda: I was supposed to start at New Hope this week, its a school for kids with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and other developmental delays and disabilities. However, I was in a lot of pain, so I postponed starting until next week. I still went to District Council though, and we learned about Kosher foods and the reason why some foods are acceptable or unacceptable before the Lord.
Terça: Today I had my first shift as a temple worker. I remembered how to do most of the things, but I still had a trainer with me today which was a helpful reminder. I'm super grateful that I have the opportunity to be in the temple so often!
Quarta: Today, I finally had some doctor's appointments. I first saw Dr. Hall, she is my family care provider. She is also on the Relief Society presidency with my mom. She came up with a treatment plan and asked me to take it to the migraine specialist that I had scheduled for the next day. Later that afternoon, my mom took me to finally get my oil changed on my car. It had been throwing a warning sign since I got home, but I hate going to get my car serviced. So I chose to just wait until my mom could come with me.
Quinta: I was supposed to start at the temple today, but I had a doctor appointment. This was with a migraine specialist. She agreed with Dr. Hall's plan, but made some tweaks. She lowered the dosage of the preventative medication from 80 mg to 20 and I have to take it 2x a day. She also prescribed a strong anti-nausea medication to take alongside my abortative pill. So I now have a little makeup bag with 4 prescription medications. I don't think I will be able to leave the country now, not while I have medication that I have to take 2x a day. After that appointment, I had an appointment with my optometrist. We ordered some migraine glasses that block out harmful light, but aren't too aggressively tinted which means I can wear them indoors. We are kind of just going to try EVERYTHING.
Sexta: I started off my morning by getting needles shoved into. my face...we love acupuncture. I also had my first Friday shift at the temple. They kept me with a trainer just for a couple of things. I ended up going home early. One of my assignments had me standing and with the bright lights and the noise, I got dizzy very quickly. So they sent me home early.
Sabado: Today was about running errands. I had another acupuncture appointment and I coordinated with my dad to get presents for Mother's Day and my momma's birthday. My mom and I also drove 40 minutes each way to get Cinnabon's new Butterbeer Cinnamon rolls. They were delicious!
Domingo: Happy Mother's Day to my amazing mom, and to all of the other moms and grandmas on my list. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful mom, who is also my best friend. I am grateful that I had the opportunity to be home and celebrate mother's day with her. She taught the lesson in Relief Society about Ministering to the One. We had dinner with my Grandma Lynette. It's so nice that she lives just up the road. I love you all!!
Spiritual Thought: Alma 56:47
Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
This story is about Helaman's Strippling Warriors. Their parents had made a covenant never to shed blood again, and then their people came under attack. The parents were ready to break their covenant, which would've caused damage to their souls. Their brave sons decided to fight in their stead and let their parents keep their sacred promise to God. These young men were taught by their mothers from infancy to love and fear God. I love this short scripture because it highlights the importance of mothers. They can share their knowledge with us and teach us to walk on the covenant path. I am so grateful for my amazing mom and for all of the things she has taught me and the example that she has set for me.
Pictures:
1. Our amazing Butterbeer cinnamon rolls
2. I love my mom so much
3. She is my best friend and the coolest person ever!





Comments
Post a Comment