Week 48πŸ’Œ - Happy Birthday Mom...and congrats Brooklyn!

 Alright, let's keep speed running this... only 2 more emails left to go! (And then people to respond to...) 

Segunda: Today was my first day at New Hope. I was given Sister Jacobsmeyer to train me. We started out by playing 30 minutes of chair soccer with the kids. We then helped some kids with their homework or played games. I won Chutes and Ladders, in case anyone cares. It was a lot of fun getting to be there and work with the kids. I think I am really going to enjoy this site. I then was able to go to District Council.  

TerΓ§a: Today, I got to work at the temple again! This time, my mom was assigned to train me. Heck yeah! We got to spend the entire day together. 

Quarta: Today I got to go to the Columbus Center, it was the last day. I got my usual 40oz soda out of it, so life is good! Afterwards, I got to go hang out with the one and only Audrey Weiss! We baked some yummy brownies and got to yap before I had to head to my acupuncture appointment. 

Quinta: Today I got to go to my temple shift. I got to participate in a live initiatory which was an incredible experience. I really really cannot stress enough how important the temple is. I recommend that everyone goes at least once! Even if it's just to walk laps around the grounds. 

Sexta: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!! Today is my awesome mom's birthday. I am so grateful to have such an awesome mom. Unfortunately for her, we spent her birthday driving to Colorado. Shortly after my shift started (the last 3 ish hours), we hit a rock. Or as I like to say, the rock hit ME. It made an extremely unpleasant noise, but everything felt normal. The low tire pressure warning light came on, but we figured that was from the tires getting hot or something. When we got to my aunts, we found out that we had a flat, a missing hubcap and a bent rim. Oops! We took my aunts car and went and got mexican food with my aunt Ashley and my grandma Cam to celebrate my mom's birthday. I got some amazing birria quesadillas. 

Sabado: Today I got to rest for pretty much the entire morning. I got to go to Dutch Bros with my cousin Isabel. My mom and I then went over to my Aunt Rebecca's for dinner and to help set up for the baby shower. I got to see my cousin Angelina and her sweet girlfriend Nat. Before the baby shower set up, I teamed up with my cousin Connor against Angelina and Nat in cornhole. (I am still SO sorry Connor). I have played cornhole like 2x in my life, so we did not win. I then played some connect 4 against Connor and lost again. We then moved the party indoors and started setting up Brooklyn's baby shower. My aunt Rebecca and my cousin Carsyn picked out some gorgeous decorations. After setting up, we played a game of Flip 7 and then went home for the night. 

Domingo: Today was the baby shower. My aunt put together a fantastic brunch spread with sourdough waffles. My cousin Braeden cooked the bacon, I've missed bacon. I didn't get to eat it while in Brazil. The baby shower was so cute. Brooklyn's oldest daughter Amaia was adorable. We played some baby shower games. One of them guess the price of certain baby items. Babies are way cheaper than I thought! After the baby shower, we grabbed Audrey from Ashley's house and made the long drive home. Of course during my shift it was snowing, at night, in the canyon. However, we survived. No rocks hit us!

Spiritual Thought: Doctrine and Covenants 122:8
The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than He?

I really like this scripture. It is short, but it says a lot. In DC this week, we talked about rock bottom. When we hit rock bottom, we can feel completely alone. We can feel miles away from our friends, our family and anyone who could help us. We are not alone. During His mortal life, the Savior suffered more than any man ever could. He suffered the same temptations and trials that we face. He suffered for our sins and our sicknesses and our pains in the Garden of Gethsemane. He did all of this so that He could know what Rock Bottom feels like. We can't ever hit rock bottom, and NOT find our Savior. He can be found in the depths of despair. He is waiting for us. He has suffered everything and came out just fine on the other end. And so can we. We can suffer anything and come out okay on the other side, because we have Him. 

Pictures:
1. My cute flat
2. Beautiful sunset walk
3. Amaia, Brooklyn and my mom!






Comments