Week 50π
Oi gente! This week was a lot of fun.
Segunda: Today was memorial day, so my service site was closed. That freed up time for a visit from an old companheira, the one and only Sister Dinsdale! She came over with Sister Olauson. They made me a big poster for my 11 mes-versario. They are so sweet. They took me out to lunch and we got in-n-out. I am so glad that they were able to come over and say hi. I've missed them!
TerΓ§a: Today I had my temple shift with my mom. It was great as usual. I am so grateful that I get to go to the temple so often. After our shift, we went and got some Cafe Zupas.
Quarta: My service site was closed for the week, so I had the day pretty much off. I am going to a wedding on Sabado and needed a new dress. My awesome mom took me shopping and I got a dress for the wedding, a just for fun dress and some sweat pants and a shirt. After that, I headed to a chiropractor. He was recommended to us by a family friend for helping her with migraines. Turns out, he is in my stake. It's a small world here in UT. As I was leaving my consultation, the family friend was there which was fun. I then had a zoom meeting for BYU pathway. I am going to start teaching English classes with English Connect to Brazilians.
Quinta: Today I had my temple shift. During initiatory, a lady was thrilled to point out that it was the birthday of the family member whose ordinance she was doing. That was a sweet little moment.
Sexta: Today I had my temple shift (again). There was a woman who was crying during all of initiatory. Turns out she had recently lost her husband, and this was her first time coming to the temple since his passing. I hope she left feeling some peace. I had to leave my shift early to attend a funeral. Last week, I mentioned that Gray had passed away. Today was his service. It was full to capacity of friends, family and community members. It was touching to see how many people cared about him. Afterwards, we got some dinner and went home. It was raining, so I didn't get my walk.
Sabado: Today was the fun day! Halle, my boyfriend's older sister, got married today. I attended her sealing in the morning. It was a beautiful ceremony, and the sealing room was so pretty. They were sealed in the Saratoga Springs temple. Afterwards, I stood around and yapped to other guests while they did all of the pictures. I am so grateful to her family for inviting me to everything. I got to go to the luncheon and listen to the speeches. After that, I went home. I had just enough time to redo my hair before I turned around and went back to the reception center for the ring ceremony. It was the quickest ring ceremony I've ever seen. I got to spend the whole day hanging out with my boyfriend, so it was great! Halle's wedding had a soda bar and a taco bar which is pretty cool in my opinion. Missionaries can't dance, but I wasn't bummed about that rule. I got cajoled into going over for the bouquet toss. I wasn't going to participate but then Chelsey (David's oldest sister) used the microphone to call me out. I just stood in line and didn't try to catch it, I didn't want to catch an elbow from a bridesmaid. I got a sparkler to hold during their sendoff. It was a fun day!
Domingo: Today was also a good day. I went to church and went home and napped. I then ate brunch and taught my English class. We had 3 students and 2 of them are honestly too advanced for English 1. So they probably won't be here next week. After that, we got to go to the airport and pick up....MY DAD! He has been deployed since March, but is in town for Steven's graduation which is on TerΓ§a. I am SO glad that he is home and gets to be here for a couple of days. Talk about tender mercy!
Spiritual Thought: Doctrine and Covenants 18:10
Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;
This scripture is short, but I love its message. We have worth in Gods' eyes. Sometimes we don't feel like we have any worth at all. We measure our worth by the world's standards. Am I as smart as he is? Am I as pretty as she is? When we feel like we don't measure up, we become discouraged. God doesn't measure our worth based on ever changing societal trends. He measures our worth on one thing that can never change: our nature as His children. Our worth doesn't change. Our worth isn't tied to our looks, our intelligence, our work ethics, our personality or our obedience. It is inherent and constant. We are worth more than diamonds and rubies to our Father. We are worth sending His Only Begotten to die. We are worth dying for.
Pictures:
1. Muito obrigada Em e Avery!!
2. Wedding fit check
3. Got to spend the whole day with him before he left again for NC
4. He’s BACKKKKK






Comments
Post a Comment