Week 60💌

 Um, okay... doesn't week 60 just sound nuts to you all?? I have been a missionary for 60 freaking weeks. Anyways, this was a super awesome week!!

Segunda: Today I got caught up on my emails, and I cleaned up my room. It wasn't dirty, but I wanted to get ahead. I had a little interview with the Hyatts; they are both such amazing people. I'll miss them when I leave. And no, I don't know when that is. Or where it'll be yet. After the interviews, I ate dinner and went to district council. Sister Shutz gave a great lesson on going the extra mile. I'll talk more about it for my spiritual thought!

Terça: My mom and I started our day at the temple. There were 3 sealings and 2 own-endowments, so we were BUSY. I love getting to be an ordinance worker, especially with my mom. After our shift, I went to the orthodontist to get my retainer glued back on. The orthodontist is a family friend and was so nice and did it free of charge. After that, I went and got some linner and did Iceberg at like 4:30. I then cleaned the main level of the house. (My mom offered money, but I'd do it for free). In the middle of cleaning, I made Adam take me on a walk because I needed a break from the bleach smell. 

Quarta: Today was a parade of homes day!! Audrey was up at Lagoon the whole day, so my mom and I got to go to the SL parade of homes. We decided that we like the Utah Valley parade better, because they have better yards. The houses were still beautiful, though. If anyone is in the market, there is one right across the street from Erik's cemetery! It is absolutely stunning...and only 6 mil! What a bargain! 😉 After we were done looking at houses, we put on our audiobook and got dinner at WinCo, and ate in the car before heading up to Lagoon. We picked up my grandma and Aunt Ashley and went to the new-ish Lindon temple. It might be my second favorite temple; the stained glass is just beautiful, and it has some lovely artwork. I'm so glad we got to go. 

Quinta: GUESS WHO'S BACK? After 147 days, my dad is finally home! I picked up my grandparents and drove them to his base. We got to watch his plane land and be out on the tarmac when they disembarked. It was such a blessing getting to be there for his homecoming. The welcome party included my family, his brother, and his parents. I am so glad he is back! The #freemike movement was a success.

Sexta: Today was a Lagoon day! And the day that I learned that I am officially old and uncool. My dad and I rode the catapult ride, which is where they stick you in a ball and launch you into the air. Felt like a rock in a slingshot. That was a ton of fun. I kind of had to do it after my 8-year-old cousin Leyla and 7-year-old sister did it. Unfortunately, Lagoon now makes me sick. I used to only black out on Colossus and Samurai, but now any big roller coaster makes me black out. I think the issue is that one of my medications is a blood pressure medication, so it lowers my already low blood pressure. But now I know to skip a day or two's doses before going to Lagoon! We were there all day. I ended up falling asleep at the table in my grandparents' trailer. It was fun though!

Sabado: I spent the morning trying to recover from the previous day and not throw up. After that, though, I went back to school shopping with my mom and Audrey. Target officially has its fall decor out, which means that it's officially fall!! Or Christmas, depending on how optimistic and joy-filled you are. We went and saw the new Toy Story movie with my dad. I had kind of forgotten a lot from the previous movies. I enjoyed it, though. It was cute. We were planning on visiting Erik and then going out for dinner as a family, but Steven was throwing up. So we just had a snacky dinner at home. 

Domingo: Today was the 13th anniversary of Erik's birth/death. It was much easier being home than in Brasil. We started off by going to church, the lesson was on a great talk from a women's conference. It's almost 40 minutes long, but I'd recommend reading/ listening. She talks about how we can do more with less, and invite the Savior into our lives through small acts. https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/broadcasts/miscellaneous-events/2026/04/22johnson?lang=eng After church, I tried and failed to nap. I then had an interview with my stake president to talk more about my leaving to go proselytizing. He thinks chances are slim I'll go back to Brasil because of my health, but not to count it out yet. We went and visited Erik afterwards. We thought Steven had Covid, so we ditched him and cancelled dinner with my grandparents and David. We had a nice time at the cemetery. After leaving flowers and a balloon (I wanted to get him a "Get well soon" balloon, but was overruled), we went for a walk around the cemetery. It is such a peaceful place. I love the Christus statue behind Erik's grave. After the cemetery, we had dinner. We didn't realize until like 9 pm that Steven had read the test wrong; he didn't have Covid. Probably just a 24-hour bug. It's okay, I'll get funeral potatoes next week. And it allowed us to have a slower day. 

Spiritual Thought:
Matthew 5:41 -And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
Sister Shutz talked about how Christ has invited us to go the second mile. Back in His day, Roman soldiers could force any Jew to carry their belongings for a mile. They couldn't force them to go a second; it was against the law. No Jew wanted to go even one mile. Christ taught us to go that extra step and show that extra love. Sister Shutz talked about parenting, and what would count as 1 mile vs 2. Parents are required to give food, water, and shelter. Good parents give love, attention, and time. She talked about how we can all go the extra mile, not just at our service sites but in all aspects of our lives. We can show up when it isn't required, we can be there for others even if we feel we have better things to do. We can go that extra mile when we study our scriptures, not just read them. Oftentimes, we are tired after going that first mile. We are ready to peter out and be done. We did our part, we did what was required of us after all. However, the difference between a follower of Christ and a disciple of Christ comes from going twain. When we go the second mile in service, we are showing Christ that we are willing and able to be a disciple. I'd like to invite you to think about how you can go the second mile this week and show someone that you love them.

1. The beautiful stained glass at the Lindon temple
2. He's finally back!!
3. We always like to recreate this picture
4. 12 years ago
5. 7 years ago
6. Boutta get launched into the sky
7. Cousin pic while waiting for Rattlesnake Rapids
8. Another cousin pic!
9. You can see the Christus in the back
10. Here is a better picture of his headstone. It has a picture of the Bountiful temple on it, which is where my parents were sealed. It is a good reminder that families are eternal. My parents were sealed to each other, and my siblings and I were sealed to them. (Matthew 16:19- And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.) Because of the Priesthood keys used during that ordinance, death cannot separate us. I will get to see my brother again someday. Until then, I miss you, buddy. 













Comments